Thursday, June 28, 2012

So wuzz up with the Wolf thing any way?

KNYTEAYRE DAILY BREEF

So wuzz up with the Wolf thing anyway?

The Wolf thing started with me in 1972 when as a youth was attending a NAB convention and had the chance to meet, my idol WolfMan Jack. But I put the concept of wolf on a back burner. When I got on air at age 14 in Twin Falls I started out as the SpeedWrench a name that was kind of a mix of the idea created by GM, as Mr. GoodWrench and the fact I was a protégé of Jay Eubanks of then KEEP AM 1450 Twin Falls, doing hot rod motorsports radio.

This lasted just until age 18 when after getting my love of life tow truck LexiBelle, and naming the company Heavy Hooker Wrecker Service, I went by the on air handle as the Heavy Hooker, on our clubs radio station then KDSL(KAY-DIESEL) FM 89.1.

After that it was in 1994 with a love of flight, and the fact a supervisor at Deseret Transportation, in Salt Lake City who said I was the Wolf in amongst the sheep, that being the only one working in an LDS dominated and ran facility that had Copenhagen between cheek & gum and drank coffee, etc that the idea was hatched.

Now to take this further, the word hooker does not mean a wife for rent, in this case the word hooker is trucker cb radio slang for toew(tow) truck. One who does that with trucks on the highway is well, a Highway Hooker, and that radio show remains on our network.

But that’s how the wolf thing came to be. It was refined in 2004 after the unified purchase between the Montgomery Trust, my parents estate, and Star West Oil, a company owned by my Uncle Harrold, that a company called Ayre(air)Wolf Aviation named after the TV show AirWolf with the mach plus helicopter. In late 2004 after that on air long b4 there was Warbird Radio, the flight team of then the BlackSheep Vintage Aviation Association, renamed the AyreWolvez, started doing a online radio show for and about military aviation. So in the spring of 2005 AyreWolfFM was launched and I became the AyreWolf. The rest as they say is history.

And that’s that, on that.

Have a good flight.

L8R Aviators

me2awlvz logo

2 Peter 3:9“The Lord is not slow in keeping his promise, as some understand slowness. Instead he is patient with you, not wanting anyone to perish, but everyone to come to repentance.”

Brought to you by BibleGateway.com. Copyright (C) . All Rights Reserved.
sweet ayreAWAVIAASSNLOGO